Wednesday 11 January 2012

I'm Sorry, Do You Just Dislike Your Children?!

Baby names, more specifically celebrity baby names.... What on earth goes through these people's heads when it comes to naming their children?! "I wanted something unusual and edgy, that will most definitely lead to them being bullied..."?!

Reason this is in my head? Beyonce.... "Blue Ivy Carter".... I mean seriously?! Ivy I actually quite like, cute name, bit dated but could easily make a comeback with a bit of "cool celebrity" backing. And the idea behind it is very sweet, that the number four means a lot to them and IV is four in roman numerals... Yep, I like that. But Blue?!

I don't get why anyone famous feels the need to do this, but to be fair Beyonce is a mere amateur at the craptastic naming of kids!

Take Frank Zappa as an example for how to really do it "right". He had four children - Moon Unit, Dweezil, Ahmet Emuukha Rodan and Diva Thing Muffin Pigeen....
Not being funny, I had to check if Ahmet was a boy or a girl!! (He's a boy by the way.) And Diva Thin Muffin?! It's like an eating disorder just waiting to happen!
At least Frank Zappa has got the excuse, albeit not the greatest excuse, that he was almost certainly stoned off his nut when he named them. Won't make them feel any better about them but at least he didn't do it in sound mind?

Or how about Moxie Crimefighter? Yeah someone actually lumbered their own daughter with that heap of steaming excrament... In fact the only thing that could be worse than having this name I reckon is being the child of Penn Jilette, you know the magician guy out of Penn and Teller? Oh wait... that IS his daughter's name! Poor kid doesn't stand a chance!

Don't even get me started on Bob Geldof's kids, though I think this was more down to Paula Yates than him judging by the name Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily given to her daughter with Michael Hutchence! At least they each have a part of their names which can be used for a normalish everyday moniker though!

Okay, I know Woody Allen is a bit odd, okay he's really odd, okay he's just plain frickin' weird! But I still didn't expect him to come out with calling his son Satchel... Poor kid! Though give this one credit, he at least changed it when he was old enough, to Ronan. Nice and simple. I guess his parent's choice just wasn't his bag... *ba doom tsh*

So yeah, it's pretty prevelant that celebrities feel the need to name their kids dumbazz things. Personally I still think Frank Zappa is winning with his four, but I'm dreading the day someone decides to name their kid Spank Monkey Twirlibird!
Hmm, saying that maybe I need to have a word with the husband...!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree with you more.
    www.worldfamilytravellers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete