Saturday 23 April 2011

Silence and Hazy Days

I personally am a big fan of "me time". I'm perfectly happy with just myself for company and I tend to grab the opportunity when it arises, it being a rare commodity these days. I spend it reading, or having a quiet drink pondering my own internal monologue and I really find it quite cathartic.

Today for example, peace reigns. Everyone is off elsewhere with their own errands or entertainment, so the garden has fallen into my solitary domain. 

This is part of the reason I'm glad we don't live in London itself but rather skirt the boundaries happy to bask in it's nearby glow of bustle and life. Whilst we can drift the day away if we want to with just a little background noise occasionally bringing us back from our reverie.

There is part of me though that would dearly love to spend the day sat in the sun in one of the little parks in London with my nearest and dearest enjoying a drink and a picnic, though the hangover following the last of these types of days, although the day was totally worth it, does remind me that maybe having this option constantly available to me would not be hugely conducive to my continued existence with a functional liver...

And so I content myself with the beautiful day I have ahead of me basking in the sunshine and enjoying the quiet. Nothing ever lasts though of course, the boys will return and the silence will disperse, but I can always find it again. I hear the North Pole is nice this time of year...

1 comment:

  1. The train journey home after such a picnic was, as usual 'interesting' too! Hope you enjoyed your days peace love xx

    ReplyDelete