Tuesday 29 May 2012

Posh, You're Doing It Not Quite Right...

In the run up to the Jubilee there seems to be things on at Buckingham Palace daily, and as my route home takes me past there each day I've seen a multitude of suited and booted pouring out of the palace gates each night.

Some people seem to be finding it massively irritating, muttering and growling as they make their way through the throng. I can half see their point, Esther Rantzen almost walked smack into me last week, yes it's busy and it's slowing everyone down. But I can't be bothered getting all wound up over it, to be honest I love getting all dressed up so I'm enjoying seeing all the frills and frippery! And there's something amusing about walking down a car free Mall, plus the flags do look quite pretty!

One couple tonight though really made me smile, well actually they made me laugh so hard that the police officers on duty were giving me some distinctly strange looks!

This couple were walking in front of me, I'd guess them at around early sixties. She was looking rather pretty in a floral dress and a nice hat and he'd gone for the full top and tails which I always think looks nice. They crossed off the Mall towards the cars all parked up down the side of the road, and there were some really nice cars there! Unfortunately they obviously didn't own one as they proceeded to clamber in to a battered old camper van and drive off...

Okay, what the hell?! You're at a palace function, you're all nicely turned out and you decided to drive up in that?! Please, come on, you could've at least got a cab from the station because sorry but it looked so out of place and amusing that I near as damn it hit the ground in fits of laughter!

I truly do love this city, and it's oftentimes eccentric people!

No comments:

Post a Comment