Tuesday 22 May 2012

War Paint

After my post yesterday I had it pointed out that you also get "those looks" if you're female and headed for work not wearing make up. This feeling I know all too well so I thought I'd quickly address it.

I don't put makeup on before I get to work, ever. The amount of looks I get in the morning for daring to leave my home without war paint is high, and highly amusing.

Now I could explain using the better sounding logic, which is that I am lucky enough to have very good skin and I don't really need much makeup. I don't use foundation, blusher or any other "base" style makeup. But that doesn't explain why I wear none. That explanation is really simple. Every morning, at some point, without fail before reaching my office because I'm tired I will rub my eyes. So if I'm wearing mascara at this point I arrive at work looking somewhat like a blonde panda... Not the sexiest of looks, I'm sure you'll agree, so I take the required steps to simply avoid it!

The other thing is I'm not one who believes that a woman needs to be wearing makeup in order to do her job. I work in an office, I rarely have external meetings and quite simply I don't need to be a painted lady!

I know a lot of women don't like being seen without their makeup, sadly though a large proportion of these women also don't seem to believe you've got makeup on until it's been layered on by trowel and is six inches thick.
Guys, please, do you really find this attractive? Cos personally I don't get it.

Each to their own, if you want to wear it all the time go right ahead, not my business. But it's also not yours that some of us are comfortable enough without it. So please stow the catty looks, you're creasing your foundation...

1 comment:

  1. Spot on. It gives me hours (well, 27 mins if I am on the fast train) of amusement, watching the women get on the train and spend the entire journey trying not to poke themselves in the eye with eyeliner or a mascara wand, simply so that they arrive in the Big Smoke looking like something from Moulin Rouge.
    Here's a secret: some days I don't way make up at work......at all!!! Actually, most days LOL

    ReplyDelete