Tuesday 20 December 2011

Observational Fail

I do try and give most people the benefit of the doubt, I really do, but sometimes I just get to the point where I can't.

A little while ago my husband, a friend and I had dropped into the pub for a quick drink, nothing major but just a nice relaxing half hour or hour. All three of us smoke, to differing degrees, but we decided to all go outside and have a cigarette so we left our drinks on the table plus put my handbag where I could see it from outside the front door.

I tend to smoke a little faster, especially now the weather is getting colder, so I was the first one back inside and at the table, where there was my glass of wine, and the boy's two pint glasses. As I sat there alone a guy walked over and said "Excuse me, is anyone else sitting here?"

Okay, he was polite, BIG saving grace in my book, and the only reason he didn't get the comment "No, I'm just really thirsty and didn't know what I fancied...!". Instead I very simply told him that my husband and friend were sitting there so sorry there wasn't space for him, and then I turned back to my phone.

I looked up again about thirty seconds later and he's still stood there staring confusedly at the two pint glasses and seats. Oh. My. God! The overwhelming temptation to tell him to stop staring because it's rude and it's not their fault they're imaginary people and thereby invisible to everyone but me....

Mate I was trying, really trying to not assume you're a moron, but seriously WORK WITH ME PEOPLE!!

Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment