Monday 9 January 2012

Bright Shiny New Year

I've been meaning to get round to a happy new year stylie post since, well, New Year funnily enough, but like I said on my Facebook page I've been feeling truly awful and not up to writing. On the plus side, the dreaded lurgy left me be until after New Year's Eve so at least I got to enjoy the party!

Side note, learned from said party - Baileys and tonic water do not mix... *yak*



Thankfully I wasn't the one who had to drink this glass of toxic vomit...

Soooo, we're now in 2012, how exciting!! I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and New Year because apparently they're the last ones we're going to have! The Mayan's, in their infinitely puckish way, designed a calendar that runs out on the 21st of December 2012, so this has led to the logic that this date is the date of the end of the world...

Couldn't possibly be that they got bored of writing and just stopped...? I mean call me crazy but were they supposed to just keep going and going and going....? I think at some point there was a hunchbacked Mayan dude sat in a room writing out this calendar and he finally went "enough is enough", throw down his... um... whatever implement they used for writing, and refuse to continue to enscribe a calendar that he was well aware already ran far far further than the end of his life. So in other words, he probably just decided that he;d gone far enough and someone else would continue at a later date, and then they didn't...!!

And if you think about it, 2010 Christmas and New Year were supposed to be our last, if you bought into the whole "Rapture" theory. What an anticlimax that was for all those poor sods who left themselves destitute convinced by Harold Camping (what an awesome name btw) that the world would end on the 21st of May 2011. Well actually it was Judgement Day in May, apparently the world wasn't actually supposed to end until the 21st October 2011. Not entirely sure what the "faithful" would be doing during these five months of limbo...?

So in other words at any given time there is some sort of theory that the world will be ending during the year we're in. I think, just to be awkward, the world will actually end in the one year that no one predicts it's end, so keep predicting people!!! And Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment