Thursday 28 March 2013

Pub Morons

It is my habit lately, given there's a pub soooo close to the station, to stop off for a drink on my way home. It's a nice chill out off the train and who doesn't like an end of day drink? Most of the time my husband is only half an hour behind me so it also means we can meet up for a drink without a load of people around and grab a little bit of "us" time.

Tonight I knew he wasn't about but given that I am still spending most of my spare time writing and I had my current notebook with me I thought I'd stop off anyway. Couple of glasses of wine, bit of writing, and then home in time for when my father in law gets to ours, sorted.

Tonight it was fairly busy, but I managed to find a table in the back of the pub and set up my iPad, notebook, and of course my wine. The next table over from me was occupied by four youngish lads, at a guess I would say twenty one or so, and they were talking pretty loudly. As much as this bugs a lot of people I personally don't mind given that I'm plugging my headphones in and normally I wouldn't have given them so much as a second glance BUT as I sat down they started swearing at some guy who had asked them to be a little quieter.

"Yeah, yeah, keep fucking walking mate," was the delightful first thing I heard. I did decide though to ignore my instincts to call them out for the tossers they were being and put my head into what I was doing. Not for long though.

Next thing I hear is them talking really loudly about how much money they need off each other, all headed for one guy sat the opposite side of the table from me. My interest (read nosiness) piqued I started to pay a little more attention, and worked out really damn quick that they were arranging to buy themselves some coke.

Okay, I do not give a tiny rat's tushy if people want to buy drugs of any description, but for fuck's sake maybe talk about it a little quieter?! I had my headphones on and music playing but I could still hear them clearly enough to work out what they were up to. And then to round it off one of them started on about how the guy behind the bar is a dealer. Um, that would be a mate of mine and no he's fucking not... What the hell?!

First time in years I have actually moved to get away from people. Aforementioned friend asked why I'd moved and I had to share the description of the frickin douchebags for comedy value!!

Simple lesson. Do what you want, but shouting about drugs in a pub? Good way to get barred. Bunch of raging dickshits, that generation is screwed if that's the best it has to offer!! I give up!! *facepalm*

No comments:

Post a Comment