Monday 7 March 2011

Crustaceous Exercisers

There are several colleagues of mine who are determined to fit in their daily exercise session and tend to do this at lunchtime. Some go running and some head to the gym. When I used to smoke I think I noticed them more as they invariably headed out on their quest for healthiness at pretty much exactly the same time I went outside to engage in my most unhealthy habit…
To be fair I’d love to be able to be that dedicated, but I’m just not. I already walk three miles a day as part of my commute, the last thing I need is to be pounding the London streets at lunchtime whilst turning a brighter and brighter shade of red. Although I’m sure it would provide me with plenty of ammunition to share with you all.
Still, as much as I think it would be great to follow suit and head out at lunchtime, my decision not to is vindicated every single day when they return looking like a lobster that has overdosed on beetroot… Still to be fair they are very healthy beetroot loving lobsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment