Tuesday 30 August 2011

Little Wonders

There are some things that just make me smile of a morning commute, and today was a good one to be fair.

- The bus turning up on time for a change.

- The driver of said bus being a really friendly chatty person; given my journey is short I often chat if I've seen them before.

- Rushing to make the closing doors of my train and missing them, but then being called over by the conductor who saw me and held a door open for me (seriously rare and appreciated!).

- Getting my usual seat on the train even though I boarded late which means I'm not squished and can curl up against the wall.

- Realising that I was wrong and I actually did remember my iPod so could sit writing contentedly with my music keeping my foot tapping happily.

- Seeing someone actually get up to offer their seat to a rather pregnant woman without anything needing to be said.

- Seeing the idiot who brought his bike on a train that doesn't allow cycles trip over his own pedals, leading me to laugh out loud and bury my head in my phone pretending I'm laughing at something else...

It doesn't take much to make a commuter's morning a little nicer, definitely a plus when it all comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment