Friday 25 November 2011

My Top Five Favourite Blogs/Websites

My favourite stop offs in internetland for funnies, giggles and good reads!
5. Random Acts of Reality
The blog that inspired the writing of Blood, Sweat and Tea and More Blood, Sweat and Tea, by Brian Kellett, better known as Tom Reynolds.
This is a running commentary of things he saw and experienced whilst working for the London Ambulance Service. It’s often funny, always truthful and at times heart wrenchingly sad but truly fascinating. Also very worthwhile reading both his books, I couldn’t put them down! Sadly since leaving the LAS he has closed this blog but continues to write and amuse me with his insights at his new site.
I also recommend as very worthwhile checking this one out.
4. Failblog
Photo based website, with everything from dumb construction, to Failbook, to the worst tattoos ever seen by man. This is definitely worth checking out and regularly updated with new pics on all of the connected blogs. Plus you can also submit your own which gives it another side to amuse you! You’ll suddenly notice how critical you can become of your friend’s stupid Facebook statuses and the like...!
3. The Darwin Awards
The tagline to this website is “The Darwin Awards salute the improvement of the human genome by honouring those who accidentally remove themselves from it...”
Stories of some truly stupid ways in which people have managed to kill themselves, plus a great archive of “urban legends” in a similar vein. The Bricklayer, although an urban legend, is quite possibly one of the funniest things I have ever read and I couldn’t finish reading it out loud at first because I was crying with laughter!
2. Sleep Talkin’ Man
Man talks in sleep, says really bizarre things, wife spends half her nights unable to sleep giggling at what he’s saying. Solution, buys voice activated recorder and posts the transcript and recording onto a blog to share with the world.
Sometimes rude, often irreverent and always seriously funny!
1. Hyperbole and a Half
Largely stories from the author’s childhood, absolutely hilarious and punctuated with the best bad drawings I’ve ever seen. Always has me in stitches and she’s working on a book at the moment which I cannot wait to read!
One suggestion, start with either “The Party” or “God of Cake”, both of which can reduce me to hiccupping, giggling tears of laughter every single time I read either of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment