Wednesday 15 February 2012

Badly Planned Advertising Maybe...?

Sometimes I sit on the tube or walk through the train stations and I chuckle to myself at the slightly humourous ad campaign currently being run, and most of the time I also take a quick snap and post it to my Facebook page to share with you lot as well. After all, nothing brightens up a day little a little laughter right?

But occassionally the logic gone into an ad campaign, or sometimes even simply the placement of the ad, leads to a monumental fail, but it still gives me a laugh at the facepalm moment they inadvertantly create.

And this is what has led me down this little path, a picture I took the other day of an ad on the Bakerloo line. It definitely gets their point across, I'll give them that, but maybe not in quite such a positive fashion than they'd been hoping....?
Anyway, I'd hate to ruin your first impressions, so here you go...


Maybe it's just me, but I'm not the biggest fan of this slogan. I do have a decent reason so bear with me.

Picture the scene. You're rushing to make your overground train and missing it would lead to a long wait or maybe missing a connection further down the line. Hurrying you rush onto the tube and make it on to the next tube train leaving, and you even manage to get a seat. Okay, you're rushing and stressed but things are going okay all things considered. Then you realise that you actually quite need the toilet, however you're currently stuck in a tin can in a tunnel whizzing across London with no toilets until you make the overground station and find them, oh and then find the 30p that the rip off merchants are going to charge you.
Okay, no toilets, that's an issue but there is a silver lining. At least there is something for you to read to keep your mind off it, there's always adverts on the tube. What's that one there? Are you sitting comfortably... OH WHAT?!
Great, now it is all you can think about...

See what I mean? Maybe not the most cunning of ideas? Anyway, must dash, for some reason I really need the toilet all of a sudden..!

No comments:

Post a Comment