Wednesday 15 February 2012

Break Time

No, don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. Far from it. In fact I'm ridiculously gleeful about the recent amount of activity on my little Facebook page. It's sad but true that I grinned like a loony at the first non friend "fan" that was kind enough spend their time listening to me!
But I'm straying from my, obviously eloquent as always, point. My point is the blissful peace and harmony of this week, not date wise but school holiday wise! Well, the mornings anyway. The afternoons mean crazy packed trains full of people who seem to think the perfect time to travel with their screaming hoard of heathen brats is commuter time... Bless them. And for the record yes I avoid travelling with any children at that time of day during the week! ;-)
I do practice what I preach, or not practice what I judge others for.. Oh well whichever makes sense!

But the mornings, oh the glorious mornings!!! Parents are taking time off to be at home with their kids so there's so many less people on that lovely rail system known as Southwest Tossers and there's space to stretch out and relax... Okay, slight exaggeration. It's marginally less cramped. But hey you take the silver linings wherever you can find them when it comes to this game. Regretfully the jackass I see every morning who manages to offend someone pretty much every single day doesn't appear to have kids as he is AL-WAYS there... Having said that I'm somehow unsurprised at this seeing as he is an absolute arse!

The first time I met this delightful soul he spent half the train ride knocking into my head with his bag and the second half resting it on my shoulder, which was lovely... I, of course, politely asked him to move it, several times actually, after each of which he gestured at his headphones with a sarcastic smile and muttered he couldn't hear me. Sweet right? Still, I'm sure he was still feeling just as pleased with himself as I stood up swiftly as we got to Waterloo which pushed his bag straight up and him on his backside... And naturally I looked really apologetic and concerned for his wellbeing... as I stepped straight over him and continued on my way...

So anyway, quieter mornings, lovely! Short lived but hugely enjoyable. Soooo which one is next...? Oh yeah, roll on Easter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment