Tuesday 1 February 2011

Bless You...

"I don't get coughs and colds since I quit smoking.."

Having once again resigned myself to the bus, though not due to alcohol I should add, I got chatting to a very nice lady who I regularly see at the bus stop. No idea of her name but because we run into each other quite often we do at least swap pleasantries each time.

We had originally got chatting about how much lighter it was this morning. Given the time I have to leave for work there is a period of time during which I leave home in the dark and it's dark by the time I get back to my town. During then it does feel slightly like the sun is actually this myth passed down through generations but just no longer a reality!

I mentioned I had also quit smoking and so no longer went out during the day at work which didn't help with my winter/sun ratio and was told she'd quit years ago and knew what I meant.

Slight admission, I've had a couple of cigarettes... But in my defence I have by no means started regularly smoking again and still count myself as a non smoker. And to be honest I've not much enjoyed the ones I had, so I'm not exactly being lulled by in by the siren song of that oh so sweet and sexy taste of ash in my mouth....

But I'm digressing, as per usual to be honest, and my point was this swap of quitting smoking admissions led to the discussion of what we preferred now nicotine doesn't play a part in our lives.

Me -
  • Not so tired in the mornings
  • Clearer skin
  • Definite reduction of severity of hangovers
The last one is the one I really really appreciate. I'm often tired so being less so is good but meh. I've been very lucky in that I have very good skin so again meh. But omg my headaches are reduced, that horrible "morning after" taste in my mouth is far less and I'm often up and kicking again after either just sleeping it off or within an hour of getting up. My need for hangover food is less but I'm not about to give up that excuse for pizza on a hangover morning!! ;-P

Her -
  • Sleeping better
  • Saving money
  • And this is where I heard that comment - "I don't get coughs and colds since I quit smoking.."
She promptly coughed, sneezed and fished about in her bag for a tissue. I believe she failed to notice the irony...

No comments:

Post a Comment