Saturday 14 January 2012

Pub Politeness

This is really simple people, show a little consideration to the bar staff when you walk in a pub okay?

In the last five minutes in the pub I've seen one guy walk in and literally shout into the kitchen for service, when the woman serving was busy doing something else, and a second guy walk in and then leave grumbling because he wasn't served within sixty seconds.

I know everyone who's not done bar work doesn't quite understand that we don't JUST serve beer, we actually also clean, tidy, make food at times, book taxis, change toilet paper, restock and a multitude of other things.

We do know that you want serving and not being funny but if we stop doing that we lose customers and then our jobs if there's no one left to serve. So please believe we will get to you as soon as we can. We're not blind, we're not stupid and it's nowhere near as easy a job as most seem to think, I'd like to see half the whinging people work an AFD (All Fucking Day) and then tell me it's easy.

Oh and amazing I know but we do know what order you arrive at the bar, we don't need the "I'm next" comments, faces and other such reactions. The only things these will get you is a longer waiting time for service...!

And didn't your parents teach you please and thank you?! I'm sure they'd be proud...!

No comments:

Post a Comment