Friday 21 January 2011

Best Intentions and Worst Lying Technique

As pretty much all of my friends will know, and those who didn't will now know (if they read this, you never know someone might!), I am very much a night owl. I hate early mornings unless they're the kind of early morning which means that's the time you're heading to bed and not leaving it! Bit like NYE 2010 in other words...
Seeing as I have a commute which requires daily abuse at six thirty from my alarm clock you'd think I'd be used to it by now, but really not... Even this morning knowing full well I needed to be out of bed by quarter to seven the snooze button still successfully seronaded me siren style into indulging once more time. I just don't do mornings, and woe betide anyone who's daft enough to try and have a conversation with me..!

Anyway, I digress, last night however for some reason I was insanely exhausted and actually dragged myself to bed at about half ten, a time that is unheard of for me! And my husband, with the best intentions in the world, decided that this gave him the perfect opportunity to discuss the plans for my 30th birthday with my older brother and a few other people. Like I said, best intentions, but still an epic fail. Apparently about ten minutes after I went to bed he fell asleep on the sofa... and came to bed about half one this morning.

As for awful lying technique I asked him first thing this morning what time he came to bed, the response I got was half twelve in the sort of voice that a six year old child uses when the know full well they're busted. So I cheerfully stated "oh so not half one then...?", cue the same six year old stylie voice replying "noooo?"

*sigh* I love my husband, but good grief the man needs to learn he is a epically sucky liar! Which, granted, is a good thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment