Wednesday 19 January 2011

Smoke Free Living

Well with the whole New Year thing upon us I decided to finally stick to what I'd said I'd do, and quit smoking. Now with all the best will in the world the most annoying thing about this is everyone has a bloody opinion, and feels they must share their little pearls of wisdom with you. They feel they must tell you in great and lengthy detail exactly what technique they used when they quit all those many moons ago and just how peeeeeeeeeeerfectly it went for them. OR they totally bemoan any attempt they've made in the past with quitting themselves.

Newsflash people, I. DON'T. CARE!!! I truly love that my friends take the time to say "well done" or "good luck" and it really does mean a lot to me to get that support. BUT when trying to give up something that is supposedly insanely addictive then maybe, just maybe, do you think that instigating a twenty minute conversation about that self same thing that I am trying not to think about could possibly be slightly unhelpful? Rather frustratingly it's a little hard to bellow this at someone who has every good intention and really thinks they're helping, but hey ho that's life!

On a massive positive note, I am still smoke free and am still not falling victim to any major cravings, sleep deprivation, headaches, nightmares or all the other side effects that people warned me about. Onwards and upwards!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment