Wednesday 19 January 2011

The Traditional Post Xmas Dieting!

Two posts in one day, I know it's sad, but seeing as I've only just started this internet based whittering I had a couple of things to whitter about.

January, the time of year when it is universally accepted that everyone will be dieting, detoxing or refusing to go down without a fight and is still drinking copiously! I've gone for option one this year after a painful ordeal on the scales last week! So, as I can't quite face the awfulness that is the gym (I have serious gym issues) I have embarked on a campaign of Just Dance 2 on the Wii and healthy eating!

I'm two days into this current program and I can report that I have been successful on the healthy eating and I have done Just Dance for the last two nights. Today's salad in my company restaurant was uber sucky so today's lunch was a sandwich and a packet of crisps which isn't great but it's not like I'm scoffing chocolate cake so I'm not gonna beat myself up over that!
As for the exercise, oh holy hell my arms and shoulders are aching like craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!!! Good aching, the "I've actually done something constructive" aching, but it still hurts!! Loving the Just Dance game though, cos I don't have to do two hours of exercising to make myself feel like I've put in the effort, seven songs in I'm somewhat resembling a cooked lobster in hue and am gasping for breath. It is good fun though, apart from managing to clatter my own knuckles with the remote last night.... co-ordination fail...!

I've managed to drag myself out a bed a little earlier nowadays as well so I'm back to doing my walk to the station in the morning as well as the evening, so that's around three miles a day all in, got to be worth something! Plus so I'm not rushing along like a mad person I'm leaving the house quite early and made the 7:46 train this morning for the first time in about six months, so early to work today! Although apparently Jack Daniel (of bourbon related fame) died due to kicking his safe when getting into work early one morning so arriving at work prior to your required time of attendance is dangerous and should probably be avoided wherever possible! After all, it'll cause more problems for the company if you up and die on them than if you arrive at 9:01...

No comments:

Post a Comment