Friday 28 January 2011

Good Morning...?!

What's a strange thing to see in the morning in your opinion? I mean how odd and out of place does something have to be first thing for you to notice it? I've found personally that since I've started writing this I'm paying more attention, I'm looking for the odd. Sometimes however absolutely no looking is necessary, the odd finds you! This morning it most certainly found me, in fact it pretty much dressed itself up as a clown (PS - I hate clowns, they're inherently creepy...) and came running at me screaming and waving it's hand over it's head.

As I stood at the bus stop, fervently hoping for a better display of punctuality than yesterday and yes I had a glass or two last night, I saw someone walk out of the entrance to my block of flats. I didn't really think much of it, after all I'm sure other people live there too, but then I noticed he was wearing slippers, pyjama bottoms and a dressing gown... Very warm looking dressing gown but let's face it you don't expect to see it worn as a top at half seven on a cold morning in the street!

He cheerfully said good morning and was waving at the cars going past and then he walked down the street, around the next corner and vanished. Maybe I should be more worried about my neighbours?!

I figured it couldn't get much stranger in the dress department until I arrived at Paddington Station to be confronted by three people collecting for charity. One dressed as a tiger, one a fairy and one as Super Mario... Yep, the weird is saving me some time today and definitely finding me!

No comments:

Post a Comment