Wednesday 19 January 2011

Friends and Willpower Issues

I have come to the conclusion that smoking is nowhere near as addictive as people think it is, I know this sounds like utter rubbish but go with me for the moment hey? At least give me the chance to adjust your mindset on this one!

Since giving up smoking on New Years Eve, I have smoked twice. Both when very very very very ve.. (you get the idea) drunk, and both times I have regretted it straight away and stubbed said cigarette out. Seriously, how I've spent the last four or five years doing that five to ten times a day is beyond me! Anyway, my point here is not about smoking, well it is but only as a comparative tool, so to speak, kind of...

Apart from my two little lapses I have not craved a single cigarette, I have not struggled to not smoke, I have not pined after that one last little nicotine hit and I've certainly not been prompted to go and buy nicorette gum, inhalators, patches or any other kind of (massively overpriced) anti-smoking aid. Nothing has particularly bothered me about the whole thing, I find on occasion that I have noticed that I would normally be smoking at said time and so my hands are a little lacking in something to do but on the whole it has been a very easy break so far.

So I would make the assumption that I have a relatively good, healthy chunk of willpower built into my genetic or mental make up. Makes sense right?
SO IF SMOKING IS SO DAMNED ADDICTIVE WHY CAN I GIVE THAT UP BUT I CAN'T TURN DOWN A GLASS OF WINE?!

I have stuck to my exercise program and healthy eating for two days and had every single intention of sticking to it again tonight. But I get one text from my best mate suggesting a little drinkie down the pub at seven and well I'm right there aren't I?

Does walking to the pub and lifting a glass to my mouth count as exercise...?!

No comments:

Post a Comment